On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 14:12 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 08:54 -0700, Brian Stansberry wrote:

<snip>

> By the way, may I suggest that stuff like this would be better off as a
> sibling directory to "trunk" rather than in the trunk? Most people
> wanting to check out trunk won't want this stuff. Fortunately, it's easy
> to move stuff around in Subversion if we want to..

i raised the question of where the best place for this stuff would be at
the time. the consensus (at the time) was that within the trunk would be
best. i can (and could) see the advantages of either solution so don't
have a strong preference. as it's in subversion, it's easy to change.

so, should the demonstration of concept analysis stuff be left where it
is or moved? opinions, please...

> How about creating dir proper/logging/experiments/classloader-issues?
> (ie "experiments" is a sibling of trunk, tags, branches). The
> "experiments" dir can then hold all sorts of stuff without bothering
> people who just want the trunk...

it's hard to come up with good names

the content is really analysis illustrated with code (in the spirit of
ceki's critique) and it's really focused on discovery rather than
classloading in general. so. it might be a little confusing using the
name proposed but i take your point. other projects use names like
sandbox, contrib, proposal (rather than experiments).

- robert