Hi,

As you have probably seen from the commit messages, I have added
diagnostic output to LogFactory.java and LogFactoryImpl.java. I hope the
implementation meets with everyone's agreement; if not, I'll fix it.

You will note that in most places I have not bothered to put
  if (isDiagnosticsEnabled()) {
  }
around calls, even when strings are being concatenated. This is because
*none* of these calls are on the critical path. Diagnostics are only
ever output when a LogFactoryImpl is created for the first time, and I
can't see much benefit in optimising code that is called once per
classloader....

Regards,

Simon