Retroweaver's documentation specifically says that it allows you to develop
on 1.5 and deploy on 1.4.  I don't think it supports 1.3 and below.  Anyone
know for sure?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Ivankovits [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:43 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: Commons-Collections enhanced with Java Generics Support

Mattias J wrote:
>> There is also the question of how large the generic collections
>> community will be. There aren't yet a whole lot of projects coding to
>> 1.5 as far as I know.
We use JDK 1.5 since the 1.5.0_01 is out and already use it in
productive environments.
Dont know how large the community is, but I cant await to get more and
more libraries supporting 1.5.
> In summary, I don't think the number of people interested in 1.5
> features will increase while Commons Collections developers just sit
> around waiting...
Thats not fair.
We do what we can and mostly in our free time. And its also your
(contributor) job to push a project forward - for sure what you have
done now.

But I wonder if we could let the jdk 1.3 behind us and move on to jdk
1.5 by allowing backward compatiblity with retroweaver.
At least with new to create x.0 branches.
For sure that forbid us to use any new api feature, but we can use
generics and some other new programming style stuff.

---
Mario