On Jul 27, 2005, at 4:16 PM, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
Maybe two simple steps:
- introduce caching flag... compatible to earlier version.
  But without guarantees...
- Introduce two flag interfaces:
   SingleUsageTag: needs to be recreated at every run
   StatefulTag: needs to be kept at every run
The value of the cache flag should be used for tags that implement neither of them.

If people agree we would, then, slowly mark tags that we know need one of the policies and people in an urge can apply SingleUsageTag to make sure the former policy is used. Moreover, several of the unit-tests should be run with and without setCacheTags.

How does it sound ?

At first blush, good idea!

Just got home from apachecon + holiday, so i have some catching up to do as well as looking at your last email about what the caching flag might break.

A simpler implementation might just be to introduce a 'StatefulTag' interface..
-pete

--
peter royal