+1.

In my head I think of these pieces:

commons-xxx-src.zip
        All sources needed to produce other pieces.
commons-xxx-bin.zip
        Runtime only, no source, no Javadoc, just the *runtime*.
commons-xxx-dev.zip (or ide)
        What I need to use the component for my development (source zip
file and runtime).

Which now that I've written it out matches what you've proposed I see
;-)

Gary