(This email with a .zip attachment does not seem to get through to the list. And since there's no component for exec in bugzilla, I've uploaded the file to http://www.protocol7.com/tmp/commons-exec-initial-20050802.zip instead. If I should send it somehow different, please enlighten me.)

Attached is the initial contribution, I've zipped it since it's largish. Note that there are tons of problems with this code (e.g. design issues, dependency on JCL, lack of unit tests/javadoc) but IMHO it's a good enough starting point. It uses maven2 for building and builds with the latest SVN version of maven2.

If you have any issues with the code, maven2 setup, patch or anything, please tell me and I'll get it fixed!

I'm not a fan of maven, so I'll write up a quick build file for it, I'll also look into javadoc/unit tests as soon as I have some time (perhaps tomorrow)

Kev