Eric Pugh wrote:
--8<-----------------------------------------------------------------

[ ] +1 Release Email 1.0
[ ] +0 General support but not definitive
[X] -0 Unhappy about the release but not definitive
[ ] -1 Do not release Email 1.0

-1

a) The dependency on [lang] is exposed in the public API of [email], thus you can never remove the dependency in the future. The problem is in EmailException which extends NestableException. This exposure can be removed by following the design pattern of FunctorException in [collections]. Leaving the dependency visible will seriously compromise [email] in the future.

b) The dependency on [lang] is excessive for such a small component. I recognise that there are differing views on this so I will leave this point as a -0, but see point (a). However, in my opinion, the [lang] dependency should be removed before v1.0 with the creation of a package scoped util class with the four required methods from [lang].

c) The jar file is built on JDK1.4. Is that your target JDK version? If your target is lower, then compiling using JDK1.4 can cause issues when running with earlier versions. This discussion has occurred before in the archives. The chances are that in a component like this, you won't be affected, but the risk is present. This point is -0.

Stephen