i would recommend keeping the bugzilla open but adding a comment
requesting that users ensure that the code is synchronized properly and
that they list the full environment (JVM and platform) plus information
about the keys they are using (and ideally a soak tests we can run).
that may give us enough information to track down where the problem
lies.

+1, plus include additional debugging code in release.

I have checked in my extra-info on error 'debug' version into SVN. As we can't reproduce, I agree that we have to move towards a release as is.

Stephen