--- Mario Ivankovits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Attach you will find the e-mail I got from IBM.
>
> I am not on the PMC mailing list so I dont know
> every detail about the
> current [net] issues, but I am a little bit angry
> about IBM as the told
> me they would integrate commons-net into on of their
> project and I
> answered them best of my knowledge! Now I have the
> feeling this was a lie.
>
> I am a little bit angry on IBM now, so could someone
> please clarify what
> happens here?

Legal departmen of IBM does his work. They try to
avoid any posible copyright issue after incorporating
commons-net into their product.

(for example  If you were employed, then it would be
possible that your employer has  copyright on your
stuff in certain jurisdictions )

Insetad of JBoss inc they take copyright issues
seriosly ( you surely
heard about JB copyright / licensing issues lately -
it could cost
marketshare for them )

So IBM just tries to cover their and their customers
ass.

regards,

----[ Konstantin Pribluda http://www.pribluda.de ]----------------
Still using XDoclet 1.x?  XDoclet 2 is released and of production quality.
check it out: http://xdoclet.codehaus.org