Stephen,

thanks for your feedback. I will address your points. Some questions follow:

- What is the purpose of the -src-ide.zip file? I didn't find anything
about that in the releasing components instructions. It contains the
*.java files and the LICENSE and NOTICE files, right?

- Line endings: You mean files like project.xml or project.properties
should also be converted?

I think many things can be done with maven by tweaking the maven.xml,
but the complex line ending stuff probably not. AFAIK a comming up
version of the dist plugin should support this.

Oliver