On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 21:02 +0000, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> my proposal was to address rebundlers by adding a separate minimal build
> into the ant file (no dependencies) and then documenting some
> guidelines. if this is done then IMO there's no reason not to ship
> cleaner.

You mean create a commons-logging-minimal-1.1.jar, containing just the
core stuff (LogFactory, LogFactoryImpl, Log, etc) + SimpleLog and
NoOpLog? I guess we can do that.

> > NB: I'm hoping to knock JCL1.1 into releasable state over the coming
> > weekend and hold a vote on creating the first RC. Robert/Brian are you
> > out there??
>
> out there but less active than i'd like to be on commons stuff. lots of
> apache stuff blew up at the foundation level recently :-/
>
> but if you've got some time over the next week or two, i'll make some
> JCL time. one job that i'd really like to do before shipping 1.1 is to
> finish a comprehensive troubleshooting guide.

I'm between contracts at the moment and my girlfriend is away overseas.
So I've got more time available than I've had in a while :-). This only
lasts another 6 days though.

I think we're very close to an RC state, so would like to spend some of
that available time pushing on to that state. If you can make some time
for this it would be great.

> IIRC you created a best practise document on the wiki. do you know what
> happened to it?

Sorry, don't remember that.

> BTW dennis should have an apache account by now

Sorry, which Dennis? Perhaps you mean Brian?

Regards,

Simon