Stephen Colebourne wrote:
Could we publish menus.dtd at a fixed URL and solve the problem that way?

Well, this works. Change the relative declaration at the top of the navigation.xml to this:

<!DOCTYPE org.apache.commons.menus SYSTEM 'http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/build/maven-build.dtd'>

And change &common-menus to &commons. And Voila! Now commons-io has no dependency on commons-build.

Cool!

This change just means that changing the definition of the shared menus across commons involves uploading the file to the website.

Each component will still need to have its site rebuilt and republished, to reflect the changes in the menus.

The main commons site will still need a dependency on commons-build at the moment, as it uses many more entities, and I haven't set those up. Components can change however.

The commons site *is* in commons-build, right?

BTW, for things like the ApacheCon image, we can just add a background image to the top of the left navigation column using the shared CSS. It will update everywhere instantly without any site regeneration!

Stephen

--
Dennis Lundberg