Hi All,

I am interested in contributing code to commons. I wrote a ModifiableZip class, that basically implements all the methods on ZipFile, but provides new methods for adding, removing and modifying entries in an existing zip file. The basics work, but it is still a bit rough around the edges. I need to do a bit more work on
   1)  Getting the proper apis
   2)  Changing package names + general refactoring
3) Making sure there is less duplication between what I have and what is implemented in compress (there are common elements in org.apache.commons.compress.ZipOutputStream that I feel we could share)
   4)  Filling in some of the smaller bits like file attributes, etc.
   5)  There are some other known bugs

I thought it made sense to contribute this now, and apply patches, since I figured this could be useful to the VFS folks, and thought it might be able to go into Compress, in which case being able to get feedback and requirements from the communities earlier (rather than later) will be useful.

The zip file is http://sandbox.sourcelabs.com/willpugh/myzip_contribution.zip

I'm not an Apache committer. Should this be going through the incubator first?

  Thanks,
  --Will