On 7/20/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is it as important for contributors?  If I understand it correctly,
the idea of this change (a bunch of projects seem to be moving this
way) is that the developers see exactly what they used to see and the
contributors get a less spammy list and thus get more involved.

It also allows people to choose not only what they receive, but how.
Email isn't the only way to 'subscribe' to the lists, you can also get
the Atom feed from the ASF mail archives, or use a forum interface
like Nabble.

(I'd keep dev@ for discussion only, and send wiki diffs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
While we're on the subject, will there be CI server notifications?)

Thanks,
--
Wendy