On 7/20/06, Phil Steitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/20/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 7/20/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Is it as important for contributors?  If I understand it correctly,
> > the idea of this change (a bunch of projects seem to be moving this
> > way) is that the developers see exactly what they used to see and the
> > contributors get a less spammy list and thus get more involved.

Commit diffs are not spam, IMO, nor are issue reports / comments.
This is core to what is happening on a project.

I agree with Phil. And I don't buy that more people would get involved if
they didn't see the commit messages. How can they be properly involved if
they're not watching what's happening to the code and the issues?

--
Martin Cooper

It also allows people to choose not only what they receive, but how.
> Email isn't the only way to 'subscribe' to the lists, you can also get
> the Atom feed from the ASF mail archives, or use a forum interface
> like Nabble.
>
> (I'd keep dev@ for discussion only, and send wiki diffs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> While we're on the subject, will there be CI server notifications?)

Probably yet another little list, if we chase this to logical
conclusion.  One problem that I have with splitting things is that
Jira comments *are* discussion, as are commit log messages and

As far as the arguments about getting new contributors in, I would
like to hear from them.

Phil