On 10/20/06, Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We are just moving to JDK1.5 at work, and I too judge that the time is
about right for this. I don't know how much time I'll be able to spend
on it though. We'll have to see.

There is a clear difference of approach, however, with some factors being:
a) keep everything as close as possible to the current source (not
always achievable)
b) split into 3-5 smaller components
c) same package name or different package name
d) same project [collections] or new project

Thus, I propose that this task is:
- started in the commons-sandbox
- uses a different package name [collgenerics]
- follows the current single jar/package structure
- no deprecated classes are ported

Why not just start a branch within Collections?

I don't see why this is a new component, are we going to be advising
people to use Collections 3.x on JDK 1.5+ for any reasons other than
legacy or instability of our generified version?

My view is to make a collections-generics branch in collections with a
view to it being Collections 4.0.

Hen