-1 - we don't have the parallel release cycle to pull this off. We'll
all be stuck because commons doodah has no reason to upgrade and no
one active on it.

I'm +1 to upgrading all the dependencies though - I wouldn't even
think it needs a vote. Just dig in and upgrade all the dependencies
you see (on all 3 build systems) and check they still compile. Then
check it in.

That's why I'm miffed about the commons-parent thing - it's broken the
components because the job hasn't been finished by updating the
pom.xmls. I know it's probably because it can be easy to view Commons
Xxxx as Fred's baby, but it's one big codebase and you can go dive in
and do cross-commons things that seem to be common sense and apologise
later - or raise an all thread to discuss (kind of like below) and
then dive in.

Hen