So, nobody liked my idea of just providing the "data"?

On 1/30/07, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How about if we give the "data" for the localized message instead of
localizing it ourselves?  I've done this for a class I call
BusinessLogicException (used for when a user breaks a business rule
like "already a user with that name in the system" since you would
want to display that error message to the user).  What I did was
create a message class like this:

public class BusinessLogicException extends Exception
{
  private final String messageKey;
  private final Object[] arguments;  // May have been called parameters?
  // Constructors and getters here...
}

So, if an application wants to localize the message, they can use
their own localization paradigm (i18n, resource bundles, Tapestry
messages, etc.).