[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
RFC 2616 does not seem to say much. So, I assume that the default
scheme applies: whatever charset is specified in "Content-Type"
header. If charset is not explicitly set, ISO-8859-1 is used per
default.
I guess this is the way to go for POST. But what about GET? There is no request body in a GET. And the Content-Type header has no meaning there. So at least the user should be able to specify the encoding when setting the parameter. This is probably the issue that Sung-Gu wanted to address with his URIUtil#toUsingCharset method. I guess he wants to pass chinese characters encoded as Big5 or whatever as URL parameters.

Odi