Odi,
GET is an entirely different ball game. RFC is quite explicit about it: it's US-ASCII
all over the place, except for request/response body. That's why it takes URL-encoding
in the very first place in order to comply with the spec. Only request/response body
may be encoded with a different encoding

It still does not make URIUtil#toUsingCharset make any sense, as far as I can see.

Cheers

Oleg