It seems that the connection wrapper solution will work. I will go ahead and and clean up the code some and submit a patch tonight or tomorrow. If anyone has suggestions/ideas about this change please let me know. In particular I would like to hear some comments regarding the following:

- what is a good name for this connection wrapping class, currently it is HttpConnectionAdapter?
- should this class be available outside of the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager?
- once the wrapped connection has been released what should be the default behaviour for the connection methods? I was thinking any methods that perform I/O should throw an exception. Other methods would just return default/empty values or do nothing.

Mike

Jeffrey Dever wrote:
We were going to do a 2.0 alpha3 release, but this will wait untill the threading work Mike is doing with Aurelien columnates into a conclusion and a patch.

Jandalf.