Could we provide the code below in some Utility function?
I guess this is convenient for people making Applets - although Applets are generally a bad idea :-)

Nick, can we adopt this piece of code under the Apache License?

We should think about pac-proxy script parsing as well at some point.

Odi

Nick Coleman wrote:
We detect the browser proxy settings as follows:

// Retrieve Proxy Server Settings from System if specified
String proxyList = System.getProperty("javaplugin.proxy.config.list");
if (proxyList!=null && !"".equals(proxyList)){
   StringTokenizer tokenizer1 = new StringTokenizer(proxyList, ";,");
   if (tokenizer1.countTokens()>1){
      while (tokenizer1.hasMoreTokens()){
         String s = tokenizer1.nextToken();
         if (s.toLowerCase().startsWith("http")){
            StringTokenizer tokenizer2 = new StringTokenizer(s, "=:");
            tokenizer2.nextToken();
            proxyHost = tokenizer2.nextToken();
            proxyPort = Integer.parseInt(tokenizer2.nextToken());
         }
      }
   }
   else {
      StringTokenizer tokenizer = new StringTokenizer(proxyList, ":");
      proxyHost = tokenizer.nextToken();
      proxyPort = Integer.parseInt(tokenizer.nextToken());
   }
}