On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 09:28 AM, Andre Augusto de Oliveira Aragao wrote:

Adrian,

By the way, I couldn´t find about JCE anywhere in the httpclient home page.
Analyzing the log I sent before, I found the following:

2003-07-21 18:41:44,472 [main] DEBUG
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - SunJCE 1.42: SunJCE Provider
(implements DES, Triple DES, AES, Blowfish, PBE, Diffie-Hellman, HMAC-MD5,
HMAC-SHA1)

Does it means that httpclient detected JCE correctly??

Hmm, it would seem to have detected it correctly. We're really going to need the actual error message that coming out of the NTLM class then and our current exception handling doesn't seem to provide that. I don't currently have time to do up a test build which prints the exception but if you wouldn't mind grabbing the sources from CVS and trying it yourself, I think you should find the details fairly useful. Essentially, look through org.apache.commons.httpclient.NTLM and make sure it prints out the stack trace for every exception it catches.

If not, I can take a better look into this tonight when I get home.

It is possible that export policies are biting you here, and it may be worth doing up a simple test app that creates the NTLM type 3 message using the NTLM class or better just tries to encrypt something with DES to see if it works. There are test cases in the source code that will try to generate a type 3 message and they may be quite informative as well. I'd actually try running the tests before modifying the HttpClient code as mentioned above.

Andre

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.
Intencha "tomorrow's technology today"