Odi,
We do need to improve tests, mostly in the area of keeping the connection alive correctly, however we actually do have a test for this particular case (and it passes). There's just something screwy going on and we need to get the original exception out so we can try to track it down.

Better test cases all round and particularly with better no-host simulated connections is on my list of things to do.

Adrian.