-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Lenz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 7:09 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: [VFS|HttpClient] Re: [VFS] Crashes in getContent()

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:
> Adam,
> We will be more than happy to play by the rules, as long as they are clearly
> articulated and agreed upon, not just imposed upon us. There is one thing I really
> have an issue with: why do we have to have separate CVS modules per version under
> development, where a more natural way for me (very GUMP illiterate person) is to
> have a CVS branch per version being developed. It may happen that we will end up
> having yet another development stream in addition to version 2.0 and 2.1
> development. Would that require yet another CVS module to remain GUMP friendly?

Nobody said that you need a cvs module per development branch (and I have no
idea where you'd get that from...). Gump lets you specify CVS branches/tags,
it's just that many "Gump folks" see such requests as a sign of something
else going wrong (for example, projects not playing nicely with the others).
That being said, it would probably make sense to set up a
commons-httpclient-2.0 project in gump, which would be based on the
maintenance branch.

-chris

(The name "Gump" is not an abbreviation BTW)