Am Freitag, 10. Oktober 2003 18:02 schrieb Kalnichevski, Oleg: > > I can easily provide test cases which will cause HttpClient to eat up all > > available memory throwing an OutOfMemoryError because of reading and > > reading from a never ending HTTP Response. > > > > I would regard this behaviour as a bug. > > Sure. The bug in the software on the server side. And the fix should be > applied where it is due. > > Oleg
I think the shortest example to demonstrate HTTPClient looping endlessly is pointing to a chargen-Service: Enable chargen in inetd an try to access http://localhost:19/ It really does not matter from which side (server/client/user) the problem arises, but it is HttpClient's job to handle such situations. If HttpClient does handle stream timeouts, it should also manage endless/malformed streams. Christian --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
