[Disregard my previous post. I responded to a wrong message by mistake]

Odi,
That would be REALLY cool! A simple authenticating proxy (or a proxy
that could effectively 'fake' popular authentication schemes) would be a
very much appreciated contribution. By the way, have a look at the
Christian Kohlschütter's SimpleHttpServer:

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=9066

I think that can be a good starting point for a better framework than
SimpleHttpconnection.

Oleg