Michael Becke wrote:
Odi, Eric,

I think a combination of these techniques would be great. One level to handle the socket management(as Odi outlined) and another to handle the content creation/validation (Eric's idea). These two methods in tandem should be sufficient to mimic any combination of servers/configurations.

Mike

I will still use real Sockets. Mimicking a socket is just too an unreal test. I will take Chris Kohlschütters Code as a starting point.

I would also love to have a test suite running against a local Tomcat SSL connector. But for the moment the proxy implementation will eat up all my free time...

Odi