Sven,
This is a legitimate concern, but (to my best knowledge) many of JIRA developers are
Jakarta Committers themselves. I doubt they would ever screw the rest of the community
in such a manner.

From: Sven Köhler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 13:51
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: JIRA vs Bugzilla issue

>> Folks,
>> What say you, do we migrate HttpClient issue tracking to JIRA or do we
>> stay with Bugzilla? Please let me know your opinion.

I'm not a HttpClient-Developer, but just took a look a JIRA. As this is
a commercial product, it may be better than BugZilla and they offer a
free license for OpenSource-Projects, but they may also decide to drop
that free license policy in the future. And than you would have to go
back to BugZilla or buy JIRA.

Sven