Hi All,
        We are seeing thread leaks when having client open connections to a web server that hangs. Has any one seen this happening?? How do we ensure that the library correctly closes socket connections on failures, cleaning up system resources, and threads actually finish in the timeout period and get freed up. Would using MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager   be of any help??

    Below is the trace.
    SEVERE: Caught exception executing [EMAIL PROTECTED], terminating thread
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
        at java.lang.Thread.start(Native Method)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.<init>(ThreadPool.java:582)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool.openThreads(ThreadPool.java:460)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool.runIt(ThreadPool.java:293)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:536)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
        at java.lang.Thread.start(Native Method)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.util.TimeoutController.execute(TimeoutController.java:95)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.util.TimeoutController.execute(TimeoutController.java:116)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:675)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:625)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:500)
        at com.pri.lib.net.FetchURL.fetchHelper(FetchURL.java:337)
        at com.pri.lib.net.FetchURL.httpGetData(FetchURL.java:274)
        at com.pri.lib.net.FetchURL.fetchStringNoEncodeAuth(FetchURL.java:133)
        at com.pri.server.system.resource.enc.NetCamera.fetchStringNoEncode(NetCamera.java:317)
        at com.pri.server.system.resource.enc.NetCamera.isNetworkAccessible(NetCamera.java:377)
        at com.pri.server.system.resource.enc.NetCameraStatusMonitor.run(NetCamera.java:723)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Stopping service Tomcat-Standalone

    Any pointers or suggestions in this regard will be very helpful. Thank you all for your help and support.
Regards
Srini
--
Srinivas Vemula                          +91 40 23547826- Ext 201
Associate Consultant                     +91 40 23541447 (Fax)

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take any further action in reliance on it. You should delete it and notify the sender immediately.