Hello Srini,

you should *not* create a new HTTP Client for each request!
This will also create a new connection manager, and a new
cleanup thread. It beats the whole purpose of connection
management.

You should create *one* HTTP Client object for the lifetime
of your application. Then, the connection manager of that
client will reuse and free connections as appropriate.

best regards,
  Roland

Srinivas Vemula <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
02.02.2004 11:56
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"