From: Roland Weber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 17 February 2004 9:50 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: RE: GetMethod Performance

Hello Ben,

Sorry, I got mixed up because yesterday there was another
poster reporting performance problems when using SSL.
So forget my comment about the secure socket factory.

For some reasons, the slow machine seems to compute
an SHA1 hash sum. If it's doing that for the 2 MB file, that
would be an explanation for the difference in speed.

Are there any special protections of the machine on the
network level? If not, it might be worthwile to run your
test on a much smaller file and to get a wire log for both
machines to compare the actual HTTP messages that
are transfered.

cheers,
  Roland

"Ben Wong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
17.02.2004 11:10
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"