Providing only an InputStream as a request body is not enough. We can not automatically repeat such a request since we are unable to reset the input stream without buffering it. I suggest we introduce an abstraction for the source of request entities such as:

interface RequestEntity {
/**
* Provides an input stream of the request entity. The method may be called
* more than once and must provide a virgin stream upon each call.
*/
InputStream getAsStream();
}

We can then provide convenience classes that implement this interface, such as:

* class StringRequestEntity implements RequestEntity

* class FileRequestEntity implements RequestEntity

etc.

What does everybody think about this?

Odi
 NOSE applied intelligence ag

 software engineer                 [email] [EMAIL PROTECTED]