Javen

HttpClient 2.0.x represents the stable branch whereas HttpClient 3.0 is
still in ALPHA development stage and may be subject to API change. We
are planning to freeze the 3.0 API quite soon and start working toward
the code freeze and a first stable release

For detailed information on new features in HttpClient 3.0 please refer
to:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/news.html

Oleg