Hi Sudhakar,

Why should a personal opinion of one guy hurt? We are all entitled to
have our own opinion. As imperfect as HttpClient may be, it is still
being used by numerous state of the art projects such as Spring
framework, and to me that counts more than an opinion of one guy.

> 1. API is not stable

This is basically correct. See point 2.

> 2. API is flaky

This is basically correct. The API is far from being perfect. This said,
in my opinion is still waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Java Net API. The
reason why we can't keep the API stable is because early on (before any
of the current committers joined the project) a few unfortunate design
have been made. Now we are facing an unpleasant task of fixing them
while supporting the existing user base. This is not an easy task

> 3. No proper documentation and easy to understand explanation

Allow me to disagree. Some folks expressed opinion that HttpClient had
better documentation than other projects.

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/06/25/commons.html?page=last

This is not to say that documentation could not be better, but we rarely
have people complaining about the quality of support for HttpClient

> 4. No proper examples provided by team to understand API.

Allow me to disagree. See for yourself

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/tutorial.html
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/examples/?only_with_tag=HTTPCLIENT_2_0_BRANCH

> 4. Security problems may araise

Whenever you venture out of your home you are at risk of being hit by a
bus. Whenever you have your computer connected to a public network,
security problems may arise. What specific security problems that expert
was referring to?

> 5. Takes much memory when compared with Java Net API

Try posting 200MB file with Java Net API and tell me about memory
consumption.

> 6. My code becomes complicated, if I use HttpCLient

Whenever you write code, it can get complicated unless you keep it
simple

> 7. As name it says limited to Http Protocol. - Which is not suitable for multi
> protocol
> implementations.

This is correct. We have no plans changing that.

> So I need some clarifications from Development team of HttpClient API.
> I hope I get the Positive response from the team regarding all matters what I have
> mentioned
> above.

I hope that clarifies things a little

Cheers

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access
to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it
is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any
attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.