On 7/2/06, Simon Kitching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Venkat,

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 11:04 +0530, Venkat Narayana, Noida wrote:
> Dear Members,
>
>     we are using Commons-lang version 2.0 in our project. Recently my
management took a decision to migrate the application from websphere 4.0 to
websphere 6.0. I have a few queries regarding the compatabily of the Commons-lang
freeware on the new platform. could you please provide this information?

Any reason why you're not considering version 2.1? It was released a
little over 12 months ago.

> 3. Can you provide information on the user base for this freeware. or any
website links where I can get the information.

Sorry, don't have any exact links I can give you but it is very widely
used.

The report at "http://www.mavenregistry.com/search/depended_upon_artifacts";
shows the 25 most depended on artifacts within the Maven repository.
Lang is in at 12th, which is a pretty decent position I think as I
believe it's used more within companies than by other open source
projects (which this report is highly skewed towards).

There are some 12,000 or so jars in the maven repository.

Hen