Hi!
> I was just wondering what would happen if I was monitoring a remote file
> and there was a network interruption or server maintenance.

To say the truth, I dont know exactly ;-)

Well, not reaching a network resource should result in an exception -
what I can see from the source-code, this exception will be catched and
logged. So you might get flooded with log.error() messages.
The file will still be monitored and no event (delete, etc) should be fired.

But best will be you try it - monitor a ftp file and shutdown the ftp
server .... if the system did not behave as outlined above we should fix it.

Ciao,
Mario