--On Monday, December 02, 2002 16:31:56 -0500 Sam Ruby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So, why not either (1) remove the anoncvs symbolic link, or (2) remove
the name from the avail file.  Either action will cause these entries to
disappear from this generated page.

Clearly, side files can be created to address this, but I find processes
such as these provide insightful perspectives into the way things are set
up that may motivate people to DoTheRightThing(TM).

Well, the reason I wouldn't do that is that I don't want to prohibit people from checking them out (or, gasp!, committing a change to it). My point is that those repositories aren't active in any sense of the word. But, I don't think we should stop people from browsing them if they encounter it somehow. But, I think it clutters the output of the pages. (Perhaps with the private repos omitted, it may not be as cluttered.)

The visual clues are not overwhelming, and at the Town Hall we heard some
say that they were not aware that there was such a thing as ASF
membership.  As I understand it from discussions with a number of people
at ApacheCon, the overall goal is to get everyone who both "gets it" and
appears likely to be sticking around for a while to become a member.
Perhaps, this will provide a subtle push.

Perhaps, but I think raising the level of awareness by committers about the presence of members can be done in other ways. To me, it just looks like we're creating a distinction where it might not be beneficial to have one.
Yet, it's not a big deal. I'm just not sure I'd do it that way if I were doing it. "Best damn moose turd pie." -- justin