That would be fair, yes.

> The ASF has supportted .forward files for e-mail for quite some time.

And I'm glad for it.  The amount of spam and unsubscription requests received
after posting to the announce@ list just isn't funny...  This at least allows
me to filter on address ;).

> Would the mere act of putting a one line .forward file into your
> ~/public_html directory with your favorite URL be OK?

I don't see why not.  You do imply picking up this .forward file (or .fav_url or
whatever) and putting that on a merged jim/coar page right?

Sander