On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:59:24 +0100
robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > However, at the same time, this goes for the English documents, too.
> > (By the way, really the jakarta PMC is reviewing whole jakarta
> > subprojects' websites even written in english?)
> this is one of the reasons why subprojects are being encouraged to
> move out and why the size of the jakarta pmc has been increased.
> between the pmc members there's hopefully enough supervision of
> commit emails. the other safe guard is that only a few people are
> trusted with rights to daedelus and most of these are in the jakarta
> pmc.

I see. Thank you for the explanation. (This was one of the puzzling
things for me, to tell the truth)

> the real problem is that these methods of supervision (watching
> commit emails and guarding updates of the live site) only work when
> the supervisor can read what's said.

Make sense.

> > This means that there are many *reviewer*s who have good eyes.
> as well as many good eyes, an efficient system for feedback is also
> need so that problems can quickly be fixed.

Yep. So, *improvement of user-friendliness* is important for every
projects/subprojects.

Also (from my observation), *improvement of committer-friendliness*
might be also important. For example, how to make *shortcut* to
deal with many e-mails efficiently, etc etc.

> > 2.
> > As Noel has pointed out, I also agree with setting up mailing list
> > for it as a first step.
> +1

I am still wondering which might be better,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] :-)
Also, this creation can be announced at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > I am thinking of the would-be-mailing-list:
> >  1.  each projects' committers can post to the list
> >  2.  each projects' committers can ask to the list with english file,
> >      "Hi, I prepared the resource of the translation. Can
> >      anyone translate this and perform the native2ascii?"
> this would also be very, very useful for requests to pmcs which are
> not in english.

Yep, I found that this could be achieved by the remote
moderation of the mailing list (run by ezmlm).

> >  3.  the subscriber of the list directly (or non-directly)
> >      post to the correspond lists or post to the list.
> >  4.  The main topic will be the issues of i18n, l10n, m17n
> >  5.  more to come.... (docs translation etc.)
> sounds good. how can we make this happen?

In the next month, I think. I will ask many people's approvals
for this plan via upcoming "The Apache Newsletter". :-)
(And ApacheWiki[?] :-)

-- Tetsuya ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

P.S. Please write articles of your projects (and Readers' Voice :-) at
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheNewsletterDrafts/Issue1
for the upcoming Apache Newsletter! >> all