Steven Noels wrote:

> Santiago Gala wrote:
>>> Just tell them. I think they are all PMC Chairs are subscribed to
>>> board, so it should be easy to tell them there to
>
> Sideway comment from my little peanut gallery: this is (only) the second
> time I overheard that PMC chairs can subscribe to board@ - in three
> years of (increasingly intensive) reading of non-project-specific ASF
> mail lists. Whether this is a 'can', a 'should', or a 'you are required
> to' is one of these hidden nuggets of information I would like to see
> novice chairs to be informed of in some explicit way.

it's actually wider than that; implicit in the outcome of the recent
discussion, and as a matter of apparently inadequately stated policy,
any asf member may subscribe to the board@ list.  in fact, all are
encouraged to do so, that they can keep themselves informed.

something that also came out of the recent discussion is that private
(not even members) lists are permitted, though discouraged, as long
as no asf-affecting decisions are made on them.  all such decisions
need to be made in the light where members can see them.
--
#ken    P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"