Steven Noels wrote:
Santiago Gala wrote:

When I said:

Just tell them. I think they are all PMC Chairs are subscribed to board, so it should be easy to tell them there to

Sideway comment from my little peanut gallery: this is (only) the second time I overheard that PMC chairs can subscribe to board@ - in three years of (increasingly intensive) reading of non-project-specific ASF mail lists. Whether this is a 'can', a 'should', or a 'you are required to' is one of these hidden nuggets of information I would like to see novice chairs to be informed of in some explicit way.

FWIW I received an e-mail immediately after the board meeting that voted on my becoming chair that described duties etc. and included the suggestion to subscribe to [EMAIL PROTECTED] My read was that this was just a "standard thing".

Cheers,
        Berin