David Crossley dijo:
> Thanks for starting this discussion Antonio.

Thanks to you and Stefano for participate on it. ;-)

> A couple of months ago i side-stepped spam by dumping
> my old personal email address and moving to a new one.

The same history happend to me long time ago. I think many people have the
same problem over and over. This make me think that spammers are winning
the war. :-(

Currently, I am too paranoic enough, that I am able to create a new email
address as the last resource when a website ask me for a valid email
address. After getting my password or doing what I needed at the website,
I close the mail forever.

When I fill a form on a company (bank or whatever) I almost always tell I
have no email!
and even other resources.... This is what I learned as anti-spam policies
in my life. :-(

But this does not work! I am getting spamed too!

> I also made a bigger effort to use my apache.org address
> for all Apache-related stuff.

I almost never use my apache.org address and I am getting spam. Wonder how
much spam is getting people as Stefano. I think it must be too much.
Recently, even Torsten Curdt and others bloged about this. Is sad people
need to blog about spam instead of other interesting things. Spam is a
epidemia in this century.

> Since then my only real source of spam is via apache.

In my case it is not just apache. I need to read also some "public" mail
address to find between the crap some mails. Some days I got 175 or more
spams there. Fortunately, before spamassassin, I blocked most of the spam
using some blacklists as spamcop.com, etc. and this helped enough, but as
currently seems like spammers are using new technics, the spam is
increasing and this is why I decided to switch to spamassassin. I know it
is very early to said how is my new life with spammassassin but the
results in this 2 days was great, better than using only blacklists.
blacklist are blind and recently happened that spamcop.com blocked
daedalus.apache.org The issue is already solved.

> It all originates from stupid anti-virus software telling
> me that my spoofed apache address had sent them bad stuff.

Yep.

> Oh, and there is the stack of spam from volunteering
> to be moderator of a few lists, especially [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yep. I really appreaciate the job of people that currently is filtering
spam in the ASF maillist you are doing a great job. But I think you will
welcome for sure a little of help with tools like spamassassin. That way
the work will be easier than today. :-D

> So i am very keen that we address this as a group.

+1 too :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo