..... Original Message .......
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:57:13 +0800 Niclas Hedhman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On Sunday 26 September 2004 23:35, Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>> At 04:08 PM 9/24/2004, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> >How many in Apache think you are right?
>>
>> Is that a fair question?

No.  Not really.

>In all due respect, my initial question about "demotions" quickly turned into
>a clogmire of intertwined subjects, reaching from breach of confidentiality
>to netiquette to understanding the Apache Way to wasting people's time and
>other more or less non-relevant assertions.
>It never really had anything to do with Avalon, except that my questions were
>triggered by events there.

1.  You *did* violate the confidentiality of the original message.  If you
really wanted to have a constructive discussion about "demotion," you could
have easily done that without violating that trust.  So,  first off there is
nothing wrong with the discussion topic, but many of us find the manner by
which you began this thread to by offensive.

2.  As for "demotion," you've been given many direct answers which refer to
point such as exiting bylaws and general principles of community dynamics.  I
have not seen you respond with any detailed criticism but only with handwaving.
 So, what concerns do you still have?  What do you feel needs changed and what
suggestions do you have?  Let's quit yelling and actually discuss.

>I think it is called the Apache Way, i.e.  I haven't earned the respect of
>others to have a different opinion about the ASF internals, nor does my view
>that what 100 people (members) is informed of, can be shared with the
>remaining set of committers that makes out this community. Apperently my
>Scandinavian background of complete transparency is not compatible with the
>more secretive athmosphere around here.
>Lesson learnt.

Okay, so you feel the ASF is not open enough in its communications.  Is this
why you broadcasted the private information communicated to you community list,
or did you really want to start a constructive discussion about demotion?  In
other words, there appear to be two concerns you have and I'm trying to
separate them to learne your true intent.

You are certainly not the only one who has had concerns about transparency.  It
is a difficult aspect to balance  but I feel to believe all communication
should be public is naive.  In general, I've found that if someone brings up
the point of open communication in a private  ASF forum that it is well taken
and steps are made to be as transparent as possible.  Do you feel the matters
the board communicated with you should really have been publicly broadcast from
the beginning?

___
   jaaron