A user just posted an example -- with code -- to the Derby wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseManager

My first reaction is delight that a user has energy to do this.

My second reaction is to wonder about licensing issues. Jira upload has
the handy feature that it prompts the uploader to check a box that
grants license to the ASF. The wiki has nothing like that.

It'd be nice to encourage Derby users to share their application code,
but how have other ASF projects handled this?

thanks,

 -jean