On 4/28/06, Colm MacCarthaigh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 05:08:02PM -0400, Henri Yandell wrote:
> >the handy feature that it prompts the uploader to check a box that
> >grants license to the ASF. The wiki has nothing like that.
>
> However, neither does Bugzilla. If the Jira upload box is legally
> necessary, we have much bigger problems than the wiki example.

I think section 5 of the ASL2 takes care of both. If that isn't the
case, it'd be nice to find out :)

I'm not sure section 5 applies. It doesn't appear to be submitted for
inclusion in the work.

My concern would be that some other derby-user could come along and
grab this code and then, say, be sued by the employer of the person
that posted it for using their unlicensed, copyrighted code - however
unlikely that may be. (very)

But IANAL and maybe Henri's right. Maybe it's too little to worry
about and he did post it to a public forum.

andrew