On Jun 28, 2007, at 8:32 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

I have a question about this part of the guidelines:

Project source code and documentation must be donated to the ASF under a
<moin-www.png>
Contributor's License Agreement. Donated source code and documentation must carry the ASF copyright and be placed under the Apache License. Code and documentation donated to the ASF must be maintained on ASF hardware. Obtaining a non-exclusive ASF copyright on all material in the ASF repository is encouraged.

I'd like to understand if the requirement is to donate code and documentation or to license it to ASF.

I thought that the requirement was to simply license it to ASF under ASL v2.0.

You are correct.  The word "donated" here is wrong because licenses are
not a donation, in spite of our habit of blurring the concept.

....Roy