Am 20.04.2007 um 08:48 schrieb Raphaël Jacquot:

I'm still wondering *why* we need to use an AGPS device that's so dumb
that it needs the *host* to do most of the calculations, when we could
have used a SIRF-STAR III sensor, that does everything inside, just like
the GSM/GPRS module.

I would suspect: size, matching interfaces, availability, cost of additional components?

If you look at the pictured of the PCB there isn't much room...

There is a technology trend called "Software Defined Radio" http:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_radio which tries to get rid of as many components as possible and do everything by software inside a 45nm chip...

-- hns