Dear all, It is with profound shock and sadness that I learn of the passing of Adam Honigman. There is so much I'd like to say about Adam but the words are not yet there as my chagrin is blurring my thoughts. I met Adam at a memorial for another dear garden friend, Francoise Cachelin, a few years ago and I was so taken by what he said that day, that I immediately emailed him back that evening and we've been friends ever since. To say that he was strongly opinionated would be an understatement, but that's what you need sometimes to get things done. He has given advice to countless number of gardeners on how to fight the good fight to protect our gardens, and that's no small feat. To add to his cv below, he was also a board member of the New York City Community Gardens Coalition a couple years ago - until other responsibilities obliged him to resign and he was greatly missed, for his energy and knowledge of all the issues was incredible.
I've always enjoyed his company, his many stories (for through his experiences, he had many to tell) and his communal work at large around New York. I will miss him dearly. If anyone has any information regarding a funeral service, memorial or other events in his memory I would be grateful to know about it. I send my condolences to his family and all his loved ones who are in great need of comfort and support today and the many days to come. peace, Magali -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of James Kuhns Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 7:33 AM To: ACGA Listserv Subject: [Community_garden] Adam Honigman C 2004 Manhattan Community Board No. 4 Adam Honigman October 16, 2007 The Board Office is sad to report that Board Member Adam Honigman passed away on the evening of October 16th, 2007. He served enthusiastically on the Board's Waterfront and Park Committee and Clinton/Hell's Kitchen Land Use Committee. Adam was a founding member and past-president of the 55th Street Block Association, founding member and vice-president of the DeWitt Clinton Park Conservancy, founding member and steering committee member of the Clinton Community Garden, and founding member of the Friends of the Bellevue Sobriety Garden. In 2005 Adam was a recipient of the NYC Parks Greenthumb "Garden Hero" Award. He will be missed. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygar den.org/attachments/20071018/fda7a7ad/attachment.html -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: image/gif Size: 896 bytes Desc: not available Url : http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygar den.org/attachments/20071018/fda7a7ad/attachment.gif _______________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: [email protected] To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.commu nitygarden.org _______________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: [email protected] To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

