Hi -- I'm proposing a large-scale public urban farm for a public park site
and need examples of agriculture incorporated into public space, perhaps
managed by something like a park agency.  I am looking for something more
heavily managed than a community garden, but more public than a private
farm, and my preference would be that the food would not be grown for
charity -- but be part of a functional food system.   The issue is -- how do
you prioritize food distribution when being produced on public land?  I
would love to see several different management structure-precedents.  I hope
not a tall order.  Our site is several hundred acres, and I will not be able
to convince anyone of the feasibility if it hasn't been done elsewhere in
any form!

a
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org/attachments/20090217/4c481e1e/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to